Golf Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only golfed about three times in the last few years. I recently retired and decided I'd like to pick the game back up and actually played over the weekend (played decent given a long layoff). I did notice that my irons were not going as far which I attribute to rust and the need to go from stiff to senior flex.

I currently play the Cleveland HB3 which were release in 2010. I hit these irons well and was wondering about putting new shafts in these clubs. I have built clubs in the past and could do the work myself for about $35 a club (using Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue) with the total cost being approximately $275.

It looks like the Cleveland new offering in this line is Launcher HB Turbo Irons at set of 4-PW with graphite shafts would be $800 and I would have to buy a 3 Hybrid.

I was wondering if the technology has changed that much to warrant buying new clubs as opposed to putting new shafts in my current clubs.

What say you?

·
Administrator
31 Posts
Welcome to the GolfForum, Bige1980, and most of all, welcome back to the game.

Technology is always changing, but my advice would be to first create a rhythm of playing golf, and after that is in place you start worrying about equipment. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts