Golf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the Golf Forum but not to golf... that said, who here has used the G5 and how does it compare to other Drivers you might have used?

Thanks!

Allen

·
Registered
39 Posts
The variable face thickness of the G5 driver is precision machined for increased performance and durability. Variable face geometry helps optimize the CG location by redistributin material from low stress areas of the face. Its more forgiving then some drivers because of the wide, thick clubface.

Hope that helped you ^^ :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Heard it was very forgiving... going to look into getting one.

Allen

·
Registered
39 Posts
Cool mate its no problem, i would highly recommend one, good luck with it :D :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have a G5 currently in my bag and yes for a while it did allow me to hit longer straighter drives. However i recently did alot of gym work and the Aldila Stiff shaft i have in it currently isnt the correct shaft for me anymore. I have always hit a little draw but now off the tee i am hitting big hooks. So it all depends on the shaft you get with the G5 and whether it is suited to your game or not.
Another problem with it is the sound it gives off. I regularly play in a 4 ball with my G5 a Callaway 454 a Cobra 460 and a Titleist 905T and i gotta tell you the sound of my driver is so dull and uninspiring that even when you nail one down the middle about 290 yards away you feel like you have hit a weak one away off line

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up going with the Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 75 Graphite, X-Stiff.

I just placed an order for one last night and can't wait to get it. The sound of the driver probably has to do with the face and it having such a give over the whole face from being so forgiving.

Thanks for the scoop.

Cheers,
Allen

·
Registered
37 Posts
i am officially ridding myself of my G5

going to upgrade to a 905R, with a Speeder 757 shaft

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know it's been a long time since I have posted but wanted to share my experience with my G5.

I love it to say the least. I had it cut down 3/4 of an inch for more accuracy, I am not that tall (5,7) and only weigh in around 165. Either way, the club has allowed me to place it off the tee (consistent shall I add) around 300 yards. I can't ask for anything more at this point.

Thanks for the insight some of you gave me prior to my purchasing my G5.

Cheers,
Allen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts