Golf Forum banner

1301 - 1305 of 1305 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Saturday was a great day for golf.
Looked like rain so all the fair weather folks stayed home.
We didn't see anyone till we got to the 16th hole.
I went out to break 90 and I did just that.
Shot 44 on the front and 43 on the back. Shot an 87!
Had 3 pars on the front and 3 pars and my first birdie on the back. Had 2 nice sandies. Only 1 3 putt, a bunch of 1 putts and hit all but 3 fairways.
I played smart golf with no hero or dumb shots!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well I did it again. 2nd week in a row breaking 90!
Out in 43, in with 45 for an 88 at the end of the day. Sure I didn’t beat last week’s 87 but it was nice to see that I could shoot under 90 again.
3 pars on the front and 3 on the back. 3 of those pars I missed the birdie by an inch or two.
My putting was the weak link on Sunday… 35 total with only 3 – 1 putts and 2 – 3 putts.
Driving was good with nothing OB all day. Just a nice smooth swing. I nailed the drive on hole 1 and was on in two and thinking I have never birdied the 1st hole… come to think of it every time I have pared the first hole the round went downhill from there. Not on Sunday! Hole 1 was one of the birdies I missed by inches. Most of the drives were good with anything missing the fairway was only off in the 2nd cut by a couple of feet with the exception of 3 drives. They were tough shots next to trees but I played them smart by getting them back in the fairway and keep the damage to a minimum.
Overall a great day. Hope everyone had as much fun as I did!

1301 - 1305 of 1305 Posts