Golf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who has tried these out? Are they worth the money they sell for? What do you think about the balls? Looking for some reviews on them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Pro V1 is for a really serious golfer. Yes they are a good ball but it all depends on what you are looking for. You get a fair bit of spin off of the driver which isnt good for some people but u get a lot of feel around the greens and if you hit a good wedge shot the ball will rupe back towards you

I still like the Prov 1 X more though

·
Registered
24 Posts
They are easily my favorite.

I like the Pro V1 for cool days and the Pro V1x for warm days.

I keep trying other high-end balls, because prices are outrageous, but only the Callaway HX Tour is even close to the performance of the Pro V1.

But Rusty is right. They are not for everyone. If you hook or slice a lot, you will be happier with a lower spin ball. If you want pure distance, there are others that are just as long but a lot less expensive. If you have a slow swing speed, you will want a softer ball like the Noodle. On the other hand, if you have a strong swing and want very good distance with a good amount of spin and bite around the greens, there is nothing better.

·
Registered
800 Posts
As mentioned above, they are only really worth it to the golfer that plays for spin on the green and wants more feel off the club head.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Depends what you are looking for. You definatly don't get as much distance with them but I have never hit a ball that spun that much for me. The pro V1 x is a better choice if you are looking for a bit more distance but a little more sacrafice in spin. I'd only use them in a tournament or if moneys on the line though these things are expensive!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts