Golf Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though it's technically not a sport, I thought this would be the proper place to post this topic.

Anyone else a fan of professional wrestling? Things were really starting to drop off after WCW and ECW folded, but they've picked up again in recent months with TNA's rise in popularity.

The WWE seems to be trying new things, like putting the World Title on Rey, in light of the new compition, and TNA is a solid in ring product from top to bottom.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am kind of a fan. I watch it some times when I am channel surfing. I don't understand why everyone doesn't like it. It has the acting of a television show and the action of a sport. Perfect in my book.

I have watched TNA before and it is pretty entertaining wrestling but the beyong the ring it isn't that good.

It is the total opposite for WWE. It has great dialogue but the in-ring action isn't great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've noticed that between WWE and TNA too. Lately, the WWE seems to have the whole large scale spectacle thing down, they've got funnier and better written storylines, and they've got more TV time, but TNA has a much better in ring product. I like both the production values and funny skits of the WWE and the wrestling of TNA, so I usually watch both.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I used to watch WWE 3-4 years back. But I have been out of touch lately. Though I sometimes do listen kids talking about some wrestlers and acting out but I am not really sure of the status.

·
Registered
52 Posts
When I was younger I watched it every Monday. I would stay up and watch it and take it all in but then it got to be more drama then fighting so I stoped watching it as much.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Professional wrestling shows are one of the popular tv shows that kids enjoy nowadays. They watched them, laugh with them, and lastly, imitate them. I am sorry but sometimes I just couldn't find a reason why these kinds of activities are being done. Or perhaps I am just very child-centered, being a mother myself but let us all remember, the young are the future of this world. Garbage in, garbage out!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
YES WRESTLING FANS UNITE

really, WWE never admitted it was a pure sport. Its entertainment. And yes, like thumper said, it is kind of like a cartoon. But an entertaining one! Its more real than you think, nowadays they actually land the punches. and the slams and throws are just as real as shooting a basketball.

These people literally put their bodies on the line, do you honestly think everything is cushioned and protected? do you know how much money thatd be! I'm a loyal wrestling fan, and im here to tell you the truth! :) as mick foley would say, HAVE A NICE DAY!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I used to enjoy it but I as I grew older, you could so easily realize it is so fake. It is basicly a giant soap opera with some fighting involved sorry to ruin some of your dreams guys but its fake.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I used to enjoy watching wrestling but now its all got a bit silly so i dont watch it as much but i still play the games

·
Registered
158 Posts
i think its a bit stupid. i mean, when youre little you always wrestle with people your age or brothers and sisters, but watching it is boring and pointless, i suppose girls tend not to like it as much as guys though.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I used to watch it when i was 9 but didnt really enjoy it...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts