Golf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Group! I have a question for you... my husband and I are going to the (British) open next year. However, we want to add a tour of golf on to our vacation. Has anyone ever tried this company called Across the Pond Tours? If so, I'd love your feedback. We're going to do their tour called A Long Drive and a Wee Dram, which is golf and whisky in Scotland. It's not a group tour - they're all private/independent tours/travel. They look fantastic - top class all the way, but of course, you never know unless you've really had input from someone else. Any thoughts or comments? Please let me know.

Thanks! Anna

:p

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hi Anna

I have had a look through the itinery and it looks like a very good deal :)

The only things I would like to point out is that weather in Scotland is unpredictable at best, so bring your waterproofs even if its sunny!

Also, the last item 'Golf at St Andrews' you can play on any one of 6 of the courses.....

I expect that as you are travelling so far that you really would like to play on the old course and not one of the others, just make sure its up to you to choose which course you play on and not picked as to which one isnt busy at the time. It would be a shame to lookforward to playing the old course all holiday and be dissappointed.

Other than that, have fun :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! :)

Thanks for that info - I'll double check about which course at St. Andrews we can expect to play on.

Thanks again! :)

·
Registered
800 Posts
Great news, have a fantastic time.

Take plenty of pictures, and make sure you post them up here :)

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
And don't forget to read The Dogged Victims of Inexorable Fate by Dan Jenkins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts