Golf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Im about a 21 handicap and 15 years old, and im looking into getting new irons for christmas. One set that has really caught my interest is the taylormade rac lt2's. even tho my handicap is quite high im a fairly decent ball striker however i only hit a 5 iron about 155. I also really like the look of a blade but with the forgiveness of a cavity back. Would the lt2's be right for me or should i go for the os2's?
thanks
p.s my swing speed is around 90mph

·
Registered
316 Posts
normally the lt2s would be someone that is in the low 80's or lower and you have to be someone that takes a nice size divot. im also 15 i have the Os2's and my friend has the lt2's and were both low 40's players you should go to a golf store and test them both out.

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
deeds - I'm a little confused... With a swing speed at 90 mph, I would think your 5 iron would go farther. Are you playing with a really old set of irons that have weak lofts? I had some early 80's MacGregor MT blades that were at least a club shorter than the Hogans and Taylors I've had since. My current PW is something like 48 degrees. The MacGregor was 52... Modern times I guess...

As for the OS and LT irons, I've had both and prefer the LT2's. At 15 years old, I presume you have the sort of flexibility that I now envy at 57. You could learn to move the ball both ways and high or low, but the offset on the OS model will limit your ability to hit the ball left to right.

Whichever you choose, I'm a fan of the Taylor products and you can't go too far wrong wither way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.