Golf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually rent clubs when I play, but I'm looking to buy a set and get into the game a little more. Can anyone recommend a good brand for a beginer? I'm not looking for anything that's top of the line that will cost an arm and a leg, but something decent for when I increase playing frequency this summer.

Any other newbies looking for recommendations can post here as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Glad you posted this. I was just stopping in to ask the same. I'll watch this closely for replies :) GL to you in finding something that suits you!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wilson makes very good clubs at reasonable prices.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I started with a cheap set from a used sporting goods store and several heads came off because of old epoxy.the next set was a custom set they were around $300 for irons 3-SW ,1WD,3WD now they are knock offs but they are measured and fitted with the appropriate shaft and grip and it was a big difference between them and my old set.I would ask around for a good local fitter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sounds like some sound advice, Darren, but the problem is the fact that they don't exactly let you pull the clubs out and try them at Wal-Mart, I think security would have a problem with that. :s Not that I don't appreciate your advice, but there are no proper sporting goods stores in my local area, so I have to buy a set either at a second hand store, or new at Wal-Mart and hope that they're a decent set. I may check out the Wilson's clubs at my local Wal-Mart, they seem fairly affordable.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Moldy, do you have a pro shop at your local golf course? Maybe they will let you try there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I never knew you could rent clubs! That's a brilliant idea. Does every club have this facility or can you rent from sports shops, too?

Simplicity

1 - 10 of 10 Posts