Golf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
ROFL - Obviously you are a very sensible person. Welcome to the forum Erin.

At 66 yrs old, I can assure you if we ever met, I would not embarrass you by wearing high tops and short pants with elastic. I know a lot of the golfing media is promoting it as a style, but I wonder how long this one will last?

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
A lot of young people I've talked to don't like the look, mostly the pants. Apparently the shoes are selling pretty well, mostly orders for them before stores receive stock. I wonder how people might feel once they can see it first?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the flip side. If I'm Rickie Fowler and they want to pay me big bucks...I'll wear cowboy boots and a hula hoop!

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Exactly... He's young, handsome and gets credit for being the player who is more attentive to the fans than any other, often spending 2-3 hours talking and signing autographs with them, even when he's had a terrible day on the course.

Ricky has "the right stuff" to help take golf to the younger masses. While I don't personally like the high top look, if he makes young people think golf is cool, I'm for it. Just don't look for me to wear it.

Secondary to that, I'm not in love with the stadium par 3 and the drunken madness that goes on there. I have a gut feeling, (nothing more), that behavior there is going to get more and more out of hand into the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts