Golf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of putting the pink Aldila shaft into my driver and my woods (only carry a 5 wood as i am a big hitter and dont need a 3 wood)

this is because i need to change my shafts as i have out grown them and have developed a hook with them.

So I'm just wondering what members of clubs would say if they saw a juvenile stride onto the 1st tee with pink shafts???

Oh and by the way i also have a pink winn grip on my putter

·
Registered
482 Posts
Nobody makes fun of Bubba Watson! (To his face :laugh:)

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
You could probably get favorable odds on the first tee...

I recently picked up a driver via ebay and it arrived with this Aldila shaft that is slightly darker than lime green. I get some funny looks for that one and don't understand why shafts just can't be black or gray. :dunno:

·
Registered
464 Posts
rustyb42 said:
I am thinking of putting the pink Aldila shaft into my driver and my woods (only carry a 5 wood as i am a big hitter and dont need a 3 wood)

this is because i need to change my shafts as i have out grown them and have developed a hook with them.

So I'm just wondering what members of clubs would say if they saw a juvenile stride onto the 1st tee with pink shafts???

doesnt matter about the looks of a club as long you can hit it and win with it

·
Registered
648 Posts
rustyb42 said:

Friend of mine had the PINK Aldila in his driver. At one course he heard some snickers from guys waiting behind him to tee off. No one laughed after he stepped up and blew his opening tee shot 290 dead center!:D

As for the PINK putter grip, go for it. I have a YES TracyII and I had the Pink Yes grip on it for awhile. I just took it off as I wanted to go to a bigger grip. I also had the Pink Yes headcover. No one laughed at me, and I always told guys I was supporting the Breast Cancer cure by putting the Pink grip on!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Rustyb42,

Saw your message on Shaft colour. Wanted to let you know that you can change the colour of your shafts using our new product - Shaft Skinz.

They can be done in minutes and when you fancy a change can be removed in seconds. Check them out at Banbridge Golf Club (Jason Greenaway) or at the driving range.

Also, to see what's coming in the near future have a look at the Future Products section of the website. Shaft Skinz™ - coloured shafts in minutes.

We're based just down the road from you in Dromore and can't image you'll be playing today - it's chucking it down!

Incidentally, we have several GB&I Walker cup players who have taken the product and they've ALL taken the pink Candy Skinz!!

Play well

Mr Shaft Skinz

·
Registered
2 Posts
One more thing

On this whole notion of colour - I was at the PGA Merchandise Show in Florida at the end of January and as far as I can see - if your not going to be playing with colour this season you really are like something from the dark ages! You only had to check out all the grip manufacturers' stands to realise that.

DennisM - do you only dress in black or grey? Is your golf bag black or grey? Are your shoes, glove, umbrella, towel, tees etc all black or grey?

Let's remember folks - this IS a game. We're meant to be having fun and showing what we're made of out there. So if you want to turn up on the first tee in lime green from head to toe who's to say it's wrong. (though if you do, you really will want to hit hit straight up the middle - 'cause you'll have everybody's attention!);)

Take care

Mr Shaft Skinz
'Play with colour'

·
Registered
48 Posts
If Your a big hitter...
They Will Make Fun Of You When Your ON The Tee..
But will be amazed when you come off!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts