Golf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a slight fade on my drive that I would like to turn into a straight/draw drive. My swing speed is 124 and I have a regular flex shaft, would it help to have a stiff flex shaft?

I have a stiff flex 5 wood and I hit that thing straighter than ever.

Any help would be greatly apprecieated.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I don't know about hitting a draw, but with that swing speed you should be playing a stiff shaft anyway. At the very least, your bad slices won't be as far off line.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never really had a bad slice, i just had a little fade which i dont like very much.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Having a fade isn't necessarily a bad thing. I would learn how to adjust your game to your swing, rather than your swing in this situation.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel like I have tried everything though.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Get a stiff shaft, it should sort that out (as long as your not doing anything else to promote a fade).

I have the same average swing speed as yourself, I would be better off not using a club if it had a regular shaft in - it would be too whippy.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that this fade has come because I was 5'2" four months ago and now I am 5'8", so I have definatly increased my swingspeed since then when I had a regular flex shaft.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Prea said:
I think that this fade has come because I was 5'2" four months ago and now I am 5'8", so I have definatly increased my swingspeed since then when I had a regular flex shaft.
You have grown 6 inches in 4 months?!

Gonna cost you a fotune in trousers you keep growing at that rate.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ill put that bill on my parents.

·
Registered
800 Posts
With a height change of 6 inches your swing plane may have become more upright and too steep allowing a slight fade to incrouch on your game. Try taking the club away a little more around the body and see what happens.

·
Registered
52 Posts
6 inches in 4 months? Wow....
I agree with Fitz. Seeing as how your recent growth spurt your entire swing may have changed to this point. I do also think you need a stiff flex shaft. With your swing speed and a regular flex shaft it should feel like you are swinging a noodle.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ma_wilson said:
With your swing speed and a regular flex shaft it should feel like you are swinging a noodle.
That made me chuckle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts