Golf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i guess they are "officially" going to investigate steroids and do random drug tests on the players. I am all for this because I think that people who have a major role in records held in the MLB, like Barry Bonds should not be able to hold any sort of official record when they have had a tainted past dealing with steroids.

What do you guys think about the whole steroid problem? Do think Barry Bonds should be able to break the record and hold it under his own name?

·
Registered
12 Posts
i agree^^^^ barry bonds did do steroids and since he did i dont think he should be a wimp about it i think he should admit it but i am also glad to have a steroid policy in baseball

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think that the record should stand because baseball isn't just about being built. Baseball is 90% mental and the hard part isn't being able to hit it far, just to hit it in general.

Sure his bat speed has increased but he was a great baseball player way before he was big.

Let the record stand!

·
Registered
12 Posts
ya i think the record should stand butwe have to face the facts...when barry bonds first entered the league he was a lead-off batter now he is batting cleanup and is way bigger than he was then im just trying to say that he took steroids and that it is obvious.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, it is so obvious but it is taking this long to do something abuot it? I don't think they should do anything now because the past is the past and they didn't do anything about it then so they shouldn't do anything about it now. Just a waste of time and money on the part of the MLB.

Just play baseball!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Though i don’t condone steroid use, i think the problem goes deeper than just the players. There is tons of products out there that aren’t regulated, who knows what these fly by night companies are putting in there.
The players are seeing amazing results from a product they can buy off the shelves, why would they NOT take it? Ok;I mean, this is the best case scenario. LOL
I think the real reality is that some people are hitting the gas and exploding in size, it definitely taints the records they’re creating which is the real shame to the sport because there will always be a void of uncertainty on those records in history.
But this is how sports works. People are motivated by the money and the glory. People will always strive to be better than the next guy, and there will always people who believe that the guy who is naturally good is cheating.
That all being said, random drug testing, where will it lead professional sports. I mean, random? Why not mandatory. They say it costs $5000 per player? Well, fine the first guy caught $100,000 or at least a percentage of his salary, that will work.
But again, so much politics, people will start buying their way out of it all.

/end rant :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts