Golf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
right now im using an old nike ti 360cc 10.5 with regular flex. my swings have become alot faster but it seems like the ball isnt going as far. im planning to get the ignite 460 9.5 driver with stiff flex shaft. would i get more distance from going to a stiff flex? but would that cause more slice?

·
Registered
800 Posts
You should see more distance on the fact that you are lowering the loft and changing shafts.

For me (I have a fast swing), anything other than stiff flex is a waste of time as they are too whippy.

I find that a regular flex will aid a slice for me, since moving and sticking with the stiff flex it has tightened up my drives considerably.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so siffer flex means more distance, but you sacrifice control? like causing more slice?

·
Registered
800 Posts
The way it worked for me was as follows.

I was struggling to get the club head square at impact as my hands were getting through the ball much before the club head, leaving the club face open.

If you are not sure, check out your local club for one of their fitting days where they can analyse your swing and match the right club to you :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
BirdieMaster said:
so siffer flex means more distance, but you sacrifice control? like causing more slice?
remember that control is more important than distance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts