Golf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just treated myself to a brand spanking new R11 and I am already in love with it. For a start, I think it looks brilliant. The white finish may not be to everyones taste, but I think it is gorgeous!

The adjustablity is incredible as well. I've only had a small play with it, but it was amazing how much difference a small turn of a screw has!

Distance wise, when I crack one out of the middle, I don't think I could hit anything else any further. I have only had it for a week and haven't managed to get down the range, but when I have caught my Titleist with a sunday best, its turning par fives into par 4's for me.

My last driver was a Srixon XX10, and while I had a brief honeymoon period with it, inconsistency and the fact it became outlawed in 2008 meant it soon found its way into the back of the garage gathering dust never to be seen again. Since then I have only had a Cleveland Launcer three wood in the bag, which I hit a very reasonable distance, reducing the need for a new Big Dog. I had long since forgotten the joys of swinging the big stick, even if it doesn't always go as planned!

Overall, I'm very impressed and with my pro letting me pay the steep £300 in monthly installments I am absolutely delighted with it, and would recommend it to anyone looking to splash out that kind of money on a new Driver.

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took a short break to La Cala Golf Resort in April and didn't want to take my clubs (Taylormade R9s with Mizuno woods). So I tried the new hire service from Malaga Airport and got a complete set of Taylormade R11's (irons and woods).

The irons I was a little disappointed with (no discernible difference between them and my R9s) but the woods (Driver, 3, 5 & rescue new 'white') were superb. Nice shape, perfect balance and just felt excellent.

If you're ready for an upgrade, the R11 woods are definitely worth a try (but I'd probably save lots of money by matching them to an 'obsolete' - last year! - set of R9 irons).

·
Registered
183 Posts
I hit about 15 balls with one the other day at Golfsmiths and it was a nice feeling club. I liked it. No way I could get away with buying one though. Way to expensive.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Going to golf demo days thing at Angel Park in Las Vegas NV next Thursday. I don't need anything, but sometimes I find a great price on something I can use. Last year it was a full function, color, Golf Logic GPS for $29. Snapped the critter up.

This year, if anything, I will be focusing on a putter. Last year when I was there I demo'd a putter that really felt great, and I putted on real greens pretty well with it. It was from an Australian company, and my plan was to look it up on the internet and see what it was all about. Of course when I got home, because of CRS, I could not remember what the company name was. :dunno: Hopefully they will be back this year. I just remember this putter felt so good to putt with, and it had something to do with the insert on the face.

There is also a trick shot artist, and a long drive champion supposed be there. I have often wondered what a 400 yard drive looked like.

Also going to hook up with the folks from Tour Edge to see what new offerings they might have. I do like their product, and I use their irons.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
try the company Shotly recently purchased my R11 9.0 Stiff Flex and only paid $300 shipped super happy with my purchase

1 - 6 of 6 Posts