Golf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a taylor gal and just picked up this fancy driver recently. I'm really loving the balance of the club so far and weight. Anyone else looking at this one?

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
I was using a Taylormade R11S driver, but when I changed the screw in weights at the heel and toe, one of them broke off in the club. Taylormade said they would replace the club, but since they didn't make the R11S anymore, they would probably just send an SLDR. It hasn't come yet, so I don't know, but I'll be interested to try it if that's what I get.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
For the sake of updating my post above from March, Taylormade did send a brand new SLDR with specs to match the R11 that broke... stiff shaft, 10.5 degree loft.

I never unwrapped the club, but sold it within a week. I'm sticking with my Mizuno driver.

I do wonder about the SLDR though. It's got a very visible, (obvious), look to the bottom of the club, so you often see some tour pro swing his driver and at the end of the follow through, if he holds a pose, you recognize the club in his hands. A lot of guys who play with a Taylormade endorsement seem to be playing the SLDR with a few exceptions who prefer the JetSpeed.

The thing is, there seem to be a lot of guys who have other brand names on their bags, but they are playing the SLDR. I think that's sort of a compliment to Taylormade.

What I would like to ask all of them is whether they use it to be longer or straighter or both. So many tour pros shorten their drivers, most to less than the length stock clubs come to us. The average is supposed to be 44.5", but what we buy these days is often over 45" long.

Are they doing it to be straighter and hit more fairways? They certainly hit it long enough not to be too concerned about that. It just makes me wonder if we aren't too hung up on distance while our heroes are hung up on direction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts