Golf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im watching the tourny on tv and Im very supprised how boring and bland the course is. I dont see a single tree.:dunno:

It looks burnt up and in terrable shape. I guess its just the differance between courses here in the states versus Overseas.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Its a links course there fore there are no trees and apparently they have had a heat wave over the last few weeks, this killed off most of the grass and they only have a sprinkler system around the greens, as it is usually raining there.

·
Registered
800 Posts
milkfisher said:
I guess its just the differance between courses here in the states versus Overseas.
Sorry thats far from the case. Hoylake is a links course as mentioned before and is a world apart from parkland courses. Playing a links is about as challenging as the game gets, add some wind into the mix and its a vertiable minefield of decision making for the player.

Normally the grass would be greener, but we are in the middle of a heatwave, and to add that the fact that a lot of the parts of the country are suffering from a water drought and are unable to water the courses to the extent they wish.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I like the courses over their keep it straight or your in deep trouble

·
Registered
482 Posts
Yay links courses!
We only have a couple true links courses in michigan, but they're some of my favorites. On a parkland course, you can play pretty much any shot you want, or just play the same shot all the time, and be just fine. Links courses seperate the ball strikers from the shot makers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts