Golf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The way the results stand after the PGA Championship at Medina, it looks like the U.S. Team would be made up of:

1. TIGER WOODS
2. PHIL MICKELSON
3. JIM FURYK
4. CHAD CAMPBELL
5. DAVID TOMS
6. CHRIS DiMARCO
7. VAUGHN TAYLOR
8. J.J. HENRY
9. ZACH JOHNSON
10. BRETT WETTERICH
11. (Captians pickScott Verplank)
12. (Captains pickStewart Cink)

I am a little nervous about these names but I doubt it will hold up that way anyway...

I would like to see Cink and Love on the team. And I personally am a huge fan of Glover.

******EDITED THE CAPTAINS PICKS ARE CINK AND VERPLANK

·
Registered
34 Posts
Davis Love?? Wouldn't be one of my top picks. Doesn't seem to have enough fire in his game. Goes around the course like he's bored with the game. Just hoping Tiger eventually starts taking his role as a team leader seriously. If so, the USA team can win. But I'm not holding out to much hope that Tiger will step up. Eventually but not for a few years.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I think the biggest problem with the USA team comes in at 7,8 and 9. The poor performance by Wetterich at the PGA has me as a European - rubbing my hands together.

Having said that, the rookies are going to want to make a name for themselves and should try harder than ever to make an impression - so anything can happen.

To be fair I am not sure what the European side will look like, its doubtful for Darren Clarke, and McGinley I would have thought.

Still, whatever the teams, it should be as exciting as ever from a spectators point of view.

·
Registered
481 Posts
1. TIGER WOODS - This is the year he will step it up. He's playing his best ever since 5 years ago. He has nothing to prove, but was made for competition
2. PHIL MICKELSON - Iffy. If paired with the right person (read: not Tiger) he could do great things. We'll see
3. JIM FURYK - What more could you ask for in a Ryder Cup teammate?
4. CHAD CAMPBELL - Clutch player
5. DAVID TOMS - Slow and Steady
6. CHRIS DiMARCO - See also : Jim Furyk
7. VAUGHN TAYLOR - It's his time to shine
8. J.J. HENRY - Could go either way
9. ZACH JOHNSON - Hmmm.....
10. BRETT WETTERICH - Hmmm.....
11. (Captians pickScott Verplank)
12. (Captains pickStewart Cink)
Just my humble opinions:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.