Golf Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
He's the only pro I know with the guts to mess with his swing the night before the final round of a tournament when he's 2 strokes back from the lead. It sure worked for him though. That's 5 in a row!:thumbsup:

Edit: 6 :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Fore! said:
its weird that he wasnt great in the ryder cup...

im not complaining :D
lol it was good for europe that he wasnt as good as he has been

·
Registered
646 Posts
I would like to "RANT" about Tiger's decision to skip The Tour Champiosnhip this week. He claims he needs time to recharge his batteries. BS, he has not played for 5 weeks, he is planning on playing in China and Japan in the next few weeks. An athlete in the shape he is in should not need 7 weeks to recharge. IMO he is shunning the tour, him and Phil are both doing it. Both should be fined $1 million for not playing in this weeks Tour Championship. Ames is out with an injury, I am ok with that.
Too much money floating around in PRO GOLF now. Top players are becoming Prima Donna's :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
464 Posts
I love watching tiger play but lately its been a bit disapointing last time i saw him play well was at the open when i saw him at the masters from tee to green he was great but putting he had a total of 33 puts on the final day

·
Registered
343 Posts
Tiger's first track to be in Dubai

Tiger's first track to be in Dubai

ASSOCIATED PRESS

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates – Tiger Woods said Dec. 3 he will develop his first golf course in Dubai, an oil-rich city that hosts two European Tour events and has seen a recent rise in golf course construction.

The Tiger Woods Dubai will feature a 7,700-yard, par-72 course, a 60,000-square-foot clubhouse, a golf academy, 320 exclusive villas and a boutique hotel with 80 suites.

"I look at this project not only as an opportunity, but also as a great responsibility,'' Woods said.

Dubai already has eight golf courses, including the Emirates Golf Club, which hosts the Dubai Desert Classic. Woods won the tournament earlier this year in a playoff over Ernie Els. Woods lost in Dubai five years ago when he made double bogey on the final hole to finish two shots behind Thomas Bjorn.

Els, Bjorn, Colin Montgomerie and Ian Baker-Finch are among those who have built or are building golf courses in Dubai. Woods said he hopes to not only match up to those courses, "but hopefully create a memorable, everlasting legacy.''

Tiger Woods Dubai is a joint venture between Woods, who last month created Tiger Woods design; and Tatweer, a member of the government-affiliated Dubai Holding.

"I have been amazed by the progress of Dubai. From the time I first came to play here in 2000, I wanted to be a part of this amazing vision,'' Woods said.

He said he chose Dubai for his first golf course because he was excited about the "challenge of transforming a desert terrain into a world-class golf course.''

The development is scheduled to be finished in late 2009 at Dubailand, the region's largest tourism and leisure project.

Saeed al-Muntafiq, the CEO of Tatweer, said he is confident that Woods' Dubai golf course will be a success.

"We never looked for anyone beyond Tiger for the project because we believe in only working with the very best,'' al-Muntafiq said.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Tiger signs new deal with Nike

Tiger signs new deal with Nike
Terms undisclosed, but past deal was for 5 years, $100 million

MSNBC News Services
Updated: 7:45 p.m. ET Dec. 12, 2006
Tiger Woods has signed his third multi-year agreement with Nike, according to an ESPN report.

Terms of the contract were not released, but they have been quite lucrative in the past. Woods' original contract in 1996 was worth a reported $40 million over five years. In 2001, he signed another five-year deal for a reported $100 million.

"We're obviously delighted to be renewing our relationship with Tiger," Nike Golf president Bob Wood told ESPN. "Nike is lucky to have the kind of partnership with Tiger that goes beyond a simple endorsement. He has really helped Nike Golf grow over the years through his involvement in product development, whether it is clubs, balls, apparel or footwear. In the future, we see Tiger playing a key role in continuing the strong momentum Nike Golf now has both inside and outside the USA."

Woods, who won eight tournaments this season, is expected to be named PGA Tour Player of the Year on Tuesday.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Woods' reveals wife is pregnant

Woods' reveals wife is pregnant

December 30, 2006

ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) -- Tiger Woods celebrated his 31st birthday Saturday by sharing some of his biggest news of the year -- his wife is expecting their first child this summer.

"Obviously, we couldn't be happier and our families are thrilled," Woods said on his Web site. "I have always wanted to be a dad. I just wish my father could be around to share the experience."

Woods and Elin Nordegren of Sweden married in October 2004, and Woods has said that he wanted children sooner instead of later. He did not say when in the summer the baby is due, although it likely would be between the U.S. Open and British Open.

The world's No. 1 player is skipping the season-opening Mercedes-Benz Championship next week on Maui.

"I'm going to stick close to home for the next few weeks," he said. Woods will start his '07 season in the Buick Invitational at the end of January, "which will allow Elin and I to spend more time with our families during this very special time in our lives."

·
Registered
464 Posts
Well fairplay to him and that kid is lucky...he has a dad who is loaded and who can teach him this great game.
Wounder what they will call him or her?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Both should be fined $1 million for not playing in this weeks Tour Championship.
:laugh:
It's his choice. No one disputes that he earned his spot at the top, so what if he wants a few weeks off??? So what if he's the Tour's cash cow? He has a right to a life too. He should not feel obligated to show up for every event just so Finchem can pad his wallet a little thicker. By the way, have you ever played 4 days straight of 18 hole, highly competetive golf? Sounds like a dream job, but yeah, it's tough.

/rant

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.