Golf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
The simplist way to do it is to just go down to the range and hit a load of balls, don't make them proper shots so you start looking up.

You will find it easier then to keep your head down and when you get used to doing it it becomes second nature and should transfer onto the cource.

·
Registered
482 Posts
If you're hitting the ball fine, don't worry about your head.
If you're not, your head isn't the cause of the problem, but rather just the result of swaying or a reverse weight shift. Your head is not hitting the ball ( I hope:D) eliminate the cause, not the effect.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I agree with white_tiger, I think if you aren't hitting the ball correctly its because you are not keeping your eyes focused on the ball throughout the whole swing. If you are hitting the sweetspot everytime, then your head is fine.

But as far as keeping your upper body stable (and therefore your head), I'm sorry but I wouldn't know. :dunno:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I guess you have to practice keeping your head stable while you are starting with the swing. You have to conciously keep the movement of the head and the shoulders apart.

·
Registered
18 Posts
tholmes24 said:
I was wondering if any one has any good tips for keeping your head down? Thanks Tom
One tip is try to watch yuor club hit the ball. If you see the club hit the ball then you have kept your head down. Don't try to look where the ball is going after you hit it - that is the job of your caddie, or your golf partners.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts