Golf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In our place, we call those helpers (the one who gets the balls, helps the players, etc.) as caddy...

They earn a living with this job, they get some tips from the players...

How much do you usually give to them in your place?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I used to caddy when I was younger, so I know what we liked to get, but it was usually less or even non-existent if the player had to pay extra for our services (which they usually did in the courses I worked). If it weren't for tips and the chance to play golf for free, I would never have caddied. I learned a lot about the game too.

I'd tip a caddy at least 1/3 of what you are paying for their services. So if you pay $30 extra to have a caddy, tip at least $10 if they do a decent job.

·
Registered
41 Posts
CanCaddy said:
I used to caddy when I was younger, so I know what we liked to get, but it was usually less or even non-existent if the player had to pay extra for our services (which they usually did in the courses I worked). If it weren't for tips and the chance to play golf for free, I would never have caddied. I learned a lot about the game too.

I'd tip a caddy at least 1/3 of what you are paying for their services. So if you pay $30 extra to have a caddy, tip at least $10 if they do a decent job.

Just a thought - how did you actually get a job as a cady at your course? I think I would like to do that to pick up some pointers and tips from all sorts of different players.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, even in odd jobs like these you can really gain something aside from having money out of it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts