Golf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used any of those training clubs that are hinged and 'break' when you swing incorrectly? Medicus is the name of one of them I think~?

Any comments about them? Worth using?

Thanks!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Personally I would only spend money on lessons and practise, training clubs dont hold much weight for me.

Each to their own I guess :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yea i also suggest driving range or lessons the medicus and the other one you have to have a perfect swing and everyone has their own swing that works for them i would go with lessons.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you for your responses. Common sense dictates that what you say is, of course, true. Practise makes perfect as they say!

Reason I asked though is that I saw one of the pros at my home course using one and it made me wonder. He probably also has all the basics down pat ~ or at least much better than I do~, so a training club might do more for someone like him who is advanced enough to teach.

Cheers~

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yea i would definitley stick with maybe a lesson or two i took one lesson and it helped a lot, at least go to the driving range. Golf season is comming up and this week ive been to the driving range 4 days in a row and i am golfing tomorrow. good luck.

matt

·
Registered
90 Posts
blondie1972 said:
Has anyone used any of those training clubs that are hinged and 'break' when you swing incorrectly? Medicus is the name of one of them I think~?

Any comments about them? Worth using?

Thanks!
For a person who has some solid fundamentals regarding the proper swing, I personally feel that the Medicus is an excellent supplement to lessons and practice.

The Momentus is excellent for proper release but only useful if you have a proper swing technique.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts