Golf Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UFC - it's big on Spike TV right now - basically full-contact fighting with very few rules... got your karate kids, your kickboxers, your Muy Thai peeps as well as boxers and wrestlers all together!

anyone watching this? I think it's interesting to watch... my late grandfather would have LOVED it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I love watching the UFC it's so much more exciting than boxing and it seems less tainted (politically that is),and it's pretty much a no holds barred match.lots of blood ,incredible knockouts what more could you ask for.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I love to watch UFC it is so great. I watch it evey chance I get. the best was on New Years eve when Spike had an all night Marathon. I was at a friends house and we watched a lot of it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
true, they're doing a bit of the WWE smacktalking... but at least the blood's real and you can see that it's much more authentic than the "pro wrestling"...

:p

·
Registered
103 Posts
I like the UFC much more than boxing aswell. There have been a lot of good fights lately. Lidell vs Couture and especially Bonnar vs Griffin. I was a little disapointed at the last pay per view. I wanted to see Arlovski crush Silvia, and the rest of the bouts were lack luster except for the Ortiz Griffin fight.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm waiting for the big fight with Royce Gracie coming back later on this month...he's going to Rock Da House!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my money's on Gracie taking him down - the old man's got more time on the mat and just is darned tougher!! and he practically created the UFC!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I really can't see Gracie winning unless he manages to get Hughes onto the mat. If it's a stand up fight, Hughes will tenderize his face...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gracie has not been active enough in the last five years to beat someone like Hughes. Gracie is going down hard.:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ah, your mutha!

:D

seriously, you know that it's going to go all three rounds and probably to a judge's decision... can't see Hughes tapping out and no way Gracie is going to take a fall!

·
Registered
10 Posts
UFC is very entertaining and I've been watching it for several years now. My first experiences of the UFC were watching videos of the first few competitions with a friend of mine. I have to say that those early days of the UFC were special and that I used to feel real nerves/excitement when watching the fights. Back then, watching mixed martial artists come together to fight eachother was an amazing sight. :)
Nowadays, I still watch the UFC but it seems to be on TV almost every night (even here in the UK) and this, along with the fact that the show itself has an increasing number of similarities to WWE, means that it has lost some of its appeal in my eyes.

- df

·
Administrator
396 Posts
I totally agree, back then it was really interesting. You would have a Karate guy vs a Street Fighter, those were the good old days.

Now everyone is trained very similar. All study BJJ and boxing with an arsenal of submissions. . . how do i know all this, i lurk on mmaforum.com :laugh:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts