Golf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There just aren't enough of us, some posts have gone over a week without replies, and they are the most recent ones in their topics! Not exactly sure how you would get more members but more people = more replies and more replies = a better forum. the setup here kicks but and the layout is perfect we just need more bodies at key boards! :D Heck I was the first person to ever even post a suggestion or feedback!!!

·
Administrator
395 Posts
We all agree with you. Would love to see more active people cruising around here and posting.
As for this section, it was about 1 week old, we had added it after someone suggested to. :D

I think we will be breaking 1000 users soon enough though, which is pretty good. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
How about posting info about this site in your golf clubhouse or proshop?
I agree that this is an awesome site.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I have watched this forum grow from having about a dozen or so active members to where we are now.

It works on a filter system.

Today, 5 people join, if they all told 1 of their friends, then that 5 becomes 10, and so on and so on.

So - tell your friends! :)

·
Administrator
395 Posts
He's right, this site started with 0 users less than 8 months ago. It has come a long way with the help of great mods and great users. I expect over the course of the next 8 months itll even get bigger and better :thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also belong to another forum and it's HUGE:eek: !!!!!!!!!!! It's Ford Truck Enthusiasts. You might want to contact one of the administrators and see how they grew so big.

·
Registered
464 Posts
yeah i agree we do need more members i am currently trying to get golfers from my golf club to sighn up i have some promising replies and will let you know if i have any answers

·
Administrator
395 Posts
Over the winter months some of my own golfing buddies say they're going to pop in. Makes me nervous, i've seen them try to use their cell phones... they aren't the most technologically swift people. :D

As time goes on, new members will come. Its really good if they join and post.
Just make sure to tell your buddies to swing by :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'll talk to the admin of the site in my sig, maybe he can link to you guys.

I had mentioned to him to start a forum, but maybe we could get some reciprocal linking going on here to help populate BOTH sites?

Click the link in my sig if you're interested in his site as a possibility. In the meantime, I'll email him and direct him to this thread :D

·
Registered
710 Posts
I log on to 4 other golf web sites, 2 local Canadian ones, 1 Florida based, 1 Australian one. But I always check in here first, mainly because I really like the International flavor of Golf Forum. I find it interesting getting answers to postings, from Europe,United Kingdom, Scotland, United States, its shows the diversity of golf and also its sameness. When you post here you can usually count on some really interesting and varied replies. I dont have any super duper ideas to increase the population, except maybe just keep doing what we're doing, its grown and is still growing thanks to you guys who frequent the board. I'm hanging around, anybody else want to keep me company????

Del

·
Registered
648 Posts
Dscofever said:
I also belong to another forum and it's HUGE:eek: !!!!!!!!!!! It's Ford Truck Enthusiasts. You might want to contact one of the administrators and see how they grew so big.
It is not hard to figure out how the Ford Truck site grew. A few years ago Ford sold over 700,000 F150's in a year. So there is bound to be lots of members at that website.

I like this site, however it is not my primary Golf Forum. There is nothing wrong with the layout etc. I just find the members are too spread out.

I belong to two Ontario golf forums. One is located in a city which is a 5 hour drive from me. However I feel right at home there and with close to 2800 posts it shows. I just find it is more interesting. There is more Buy/Sell/Trade ads. More tournament info, which is up to date, not 3 weeks old.
More discussions on OEM equipment, the new products coming out etc.
More general threads, golf related of course.
There is a section for sports threads, one for local events from 5 different cities. One which is located very close to me.

So in all it is a good golf forum. There is hardly any arguing between members and outsiders feel right at home there.

Give this forum time, it will grow. But in order to grow there needs to be more up to date topics about golf. The administrators need to post current PGA/European/Nationwide/LPGA/Champions Tour news.

But as I said, give it time. After all Rome was not built in one day.;)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Dscofever said:

What person in the US doesn't own a ford truck HA

·
Registered
76 Posts
this is my first golf forum where i have been a contributing member. i chose this one for a couple of reasons...

1. the vB system is my favorite. i've been an active poster on others that use the system.

2. good search engine positioning. should see steady growth (hopefully?).

3. seems to be a friendy group that actually wants to help. some really good posters already.

i'm gonna give it a few more weeks, but i've been a little disappointed in the lack of feedback. dunno... just needs more posts, i guess.

refute away people!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Agree. I've suggested it before and will again. Golf sites with the largest followings and highest level of back and forth have dedicated areas for members to post trip reports, golf course reviews and golf resort ratings. Golfers travel more than most other enthusiasts. As such they need, want and demand updated golf info for their destinations...and they want it from fellow golfers, not advertisements. This site needs separate sections for these topics.

·
Registered
648 Posts
administrator said:
We all agree with you. Would love to see more active people cruising around here and posting.
As for this section, it was about 1 week old, we had added it after someone suggested to. :D

I think we will be breaking 1000 users soon enough though, which is pretty good. :thumbsup:

We need more participation from you, the Administer of the site.

The PGA, LPGA sections are weeks behind. WHY? Is it that hard to update them?

I belong to another golf forum and the owner/administer of the site is constantly updating the WORLD GOLF NEWS SECTION. He does it daily and sometimes more than once a day.

No wonder this site is lacking in action. It is stale.

·
Registered
648 Posts
administrator said:

2,481 members of this site and in the past 24 hours only 16 have logged on. Out of those there is 5-6 of us who post on a daily basis. 65nlovenit, 300Yards. Plat.Shafts,ActionJackson and myself are regular posters.
Folks I am sorry to say this but this site is not really going anywhere.
There is rarely any discussions among members. Rarely is there any non golf topics discussed.
Just for your sake you should make a visit to this golf forum. I am not trying to promote it to the members of this site. I am just trying to show you, and the administers what an active golf forum looks like. That forum sees a lot of action on a daily basis.
Now maybe it is because a lot of the members on that site are older members. Maybe this site has a lot of younger members who are too busy with other things in life to participate on a daily basis here. If so that is fine, I can understand that. Not all of us are semi-retired or retired people here. Not all of us work in the golf business, therefore our interests are different.
Come on members, make this a better site by PARTICIPATING.

·
Registered
154 Posts
THe staff here has recently gotten some fresh legs including an additional admin who has lots of past experience in sport forums, and I personally think he is doing a superb job at the moment for what he's got to work with. The golf news and postings are updated daily if not more and the mod staff has some fresh faces as well. I think it will only be a matter of time before we start to pick up more traffic, we have an easily recognizable URL and a friendly atmosphere (albeit small). I think all we can be at the moment is patient, which I know is easier said than done.

-AJ

·
Registered
73 Posts
Forums are a strange beast, either they work or they don't. A bonus for this site is how easy it is to find on google, hence the amount of members. So all we need is to keep those members posting and for that we need lots of interesting topics, contests, reviews and tips.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts