Golf Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
truebluefan said:
We are just getting started!

You might want to get started on getting this URL onto the search engines. I did a little test on Google and this golf forum was not shown on the first or second page of the search results.:dunno:

No offense toward you or the other new Mods. You can post all the links,stories etc that you want and have been doing. That is great. However without any interaction from the members on those threads the forum will not go forward. You need INTERACTION between members. You need healthy discussions on news articles, equipment etc etc.

I am not trying to run down the forum. I like the fact there are members from many different countries here. However the forum is boring most of the time. No interaction between members, other than a handful of us who post.

ATTENTION MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM

You joined here because you are a golfer. Now maybe you are intimidated by the fact there are a few experienced golfers here, people with 20 + years of golf under their belts. No need to be intimidated by that fact. Ask questions, they'll get answered. Jump in with your thoughts on matters, that is what a GOLF FORUM is all about. We are GOLFERS. Surely there are more than a few of us using this forum that love the game of golf?

The owners of this site go to great lengths to have it here for you and I to use. Let's use it. :thumbsup:

·
"The Golden Bear"
208 Posts
I am working on this situation as we speak guys.
We also need the now posting members to be more active to get this place pumping out more Articles and Quality posts.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I’ve been blogging for a while, and the thing that moves your site up the Google chart is activity. I do it for fun because I’ve found a new topic ‘golf’ that I’m motivated to share my experiences with whomever wants to read about them. However, it’s a chicken and egg problem, without content providers you won’t get the attention of Google; and without moving up on Google, you won’t attract new contributors.

I would just add that it is hard to get Pros and beginners in the same room.

Good luck though, because I’m having fun posting about my misadventures.;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
I don’t know what “Vertical Sports” is all about, but maybe this site should try to attract some sponsors to help to pay some of you freelance Admin people. I’m just a knucklehead, but I have over 2000 posts on this site that gets adverts, so somebody is getting paid.
Classic & Vintage

21 - 25 of 25 Posts