Golf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love to lift weights, but i also love to play golf. I love to gain muscle. I fear gaining too much muscle while i'm playing golf because i fear it could mess with my swing. I'm afraid that i'll get too big and not be able stretch and get my body around and all that.

What are your thoughts on this?

·
Registered
482 Posts
I don't know how big you are right now, but you'll probably be fine by gaining more muscle. You might have to adjust your swing a little, but in the long run, it'll all be worth it. The longer drives, the iron consistency, the backspin, everything. Good luck with your weight lifting! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
316 Posts
i personally wouldnt lift much untill after the season itll mess you up a little on swing plane and distance managing but thats my oppinion

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah thats a little of what i was thinking. I'm defanately not gonna stop because then i'll lose some of my hard earned muscle, but i'm not going at it as hard.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you look closely on Tour there arn't many guys out there that could get endorsement deals for fitness clubs. Admittedly, Tiger could be the exception.

·
Registered
23 Posts
are you taking steroids?? i mean how fast are you gaining weight that its going to mess up your swing?? just keep lifting and playing golf. since you love muscles. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No i'm not taking steroids. i'm talking about in the long run will getting bigger later in time hurt my swing?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts