Golf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get myself back into golf after not playing seriously since I was a teenager (currently in my 30's). There's a little 9 hole Par 3 course near where I live that I want to start myself on but I don't know what clubs I need. I don't currently have any clubs and haven't hit any for awhile so I don't know what my yardages would be. I am also currently in grad school, so my funds for clubs are limited, but I'd be willing to spend a few hundred for a handful of clubs just for this course. I don't need a full set. Maybe an iron, a wedge, and a putter. This is the course's scorecard as best as I can tell. I'm not sure which tee box I should be using either. I guess since I will be playing solo I can hit from any tee I want. Anyway, what clubs do you suggest for these yardages for someone who hasn't played in a long time? I'm 5'10 and 300 lbs, so not exactly in top shape if that helps at all.

There is a huge Golf Galaxy near me which could probably figure out exactly what I need, but those pro sessions are expensive and I doubt I would get my money's worth just looking for a couple clubs. Any suggestions?

Font Rectangle Parallel Circle Number

·
Administrator
60 Posts
A pitching wedge and a putter is indeed the bare minimum for these. For the 125+ holes you might want to bring a 9 iron. Personally I always like to bring a chipper to a par-3 course, but if the course has bunkers a sand wedge might be handy. I try to take no more than three clubs to a par-3 course, bringing more really defies the idea of it imo.

Welcome to the golf forum by the way!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A pitching wedge and a putter is indeed the bare minimum for these. For the 125+ holes you might want to bring a 9 iron. Personally I always like to bring a chipper to a par-3 course, but if the course has bunkers a sand wedge might be handy. I try to take no more than three clubs to a par-3 course, bringing more really defies the idea of it imo.

Welcome to the golf forum by the way!
Thanks for the advice! I might just start off with a PW and putter and see what else is needed after I play a round.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts