Golf Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last thing that i heard of him was that he signed with maxfli, eversince I havnt heard anything.

Any updates will be appreiciated...

·
Registered
800 Posts
As far as I am aware, he still plays in competitions - recently he has designed and built a course in Ireland.

·
Registered
3 Posts
He played in the British Open and Missed the Cut when he it 2 out of bounds on the last hole and tripled it and i know he played in the buick but i dont think he is in the field at the international. I would think he would play in the PGA Championship next week

·
Registered
464 Posts
$J-MoNeY$ said:
He played in the British Open and Missed the Cut when he it 2 out of bounds on the last hole and tripled it and i know he played in the buick but i dont think he is in the field at the international. I would think he would play in the PGA Championship next week
Yeah he sighned with maxfli adn uses taylormade clubs people dont hear much of him because he never makes cuts

·
Registered
8 Posts
He's ok, i was out drinking with him at the weekend, we got mashed up, hit a club, met some honies, cruised around in a drop top and then played 27 on Sunday, where i kicked the dudes ass.

Now seriously that was not how it happened but if you wanna fibnd out whats going on with Big J D then tune into his show on the Golf Channel, the Daly Planet!

·
Registered
182 Posts
He was playing this weekend @ The Merrill Lynch Shootout. 3 rounds, 3 different formats with a partner. They finished top 5 @ -27-ish.... but his team couldn't putt well at all, or else they would have destroyed the competion...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Dalys main problem is his short game... i have seen him smack a 350 yard drive and left himself a 20 yard pitch and send it over the back of the green how very dissapointing

·
Registered
182 Posts
Police said:
Dalys main problem is his short game... i have seen him smack a 350 yard drive and left himself a 20 yard pitch and send it over the back of the green how very dissapointing

Sounds alot like how I've been playing lately :(

·
Registered
464 Posts
Well we all know what to with your shortgame...practise and practise its the most impirtant part of your game...and GHOST whats wrong with your shortgame?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Police said:
Well we all know what to with your shortgame...practise and practise its the most impirtant part of your game...and GHOST whats wrong with your shortgame?

lol, aside from everything?!

The one positive, and the only constant from my shortgame is my green-side bunker play. Usually money to get close to the pin. But lately, just no touch whatsoever from in close to the green. There's no reason to drive the ball 310 on a hole that's 355, and end up with a 6. None whatsoever... I used to use a 60* and flop everything in close, but I broke that a few years ago and haven't bought another since...

Just in one of those ruts right now with the short game... which is unfortunate because I'm striking the irons well, and the driver is the best club in the bag at the moment.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Well the thing is to get a lesson and just see what is happening or just buy a cheap 60* lob wedge

·
Registered
800 Posts
I am not a great fan of lob wedges personally, they have their uses but sometimes they are overused and cost more shots than they save.

Best thing to do is to get your regular sand iron out, and learn to hit all different kinds of greenside shots with that.

You can hit the flop shot, bump and run, chip and check, and your bunker shots with your sand iron.

If I have plenty of green to work with, and im in a tightish lie I will use my pw out of the back of my feet to play a bump and run, rather than a sw.

80 odd percent of shots are made within the last 100 yards of the green.

Next time you are at the range, dont take your driver, just your 7,8,9,pw,sw and teach yourself different shots.

Dont forget that you can hit 7 iron flop shots from bunkers, there is so much versatility in greenside shots, the difference between many amatuers and the pros is that the pros know more of them, and can use them.

I watched quite a lot of golf this year, was at the HSBC and the Grove, and the difference between any good amatuer and the pros was the short game alone. Driving and long irons there wasnt much in it, around the green they shone.

Make your wedge your new best friend.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I love my lob wedge i use it frm near enough anywere really good when needed to flop it and stop it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts