Golf Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Make sure they are numbered 3 or higher... swap them out of the box if you have to.

This will virtually eliminate the risk of mixing up a ball with your partner/opponent.

A good sharpie helps too.

But some people just HAVE to play with a #1.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Not sure what a sharpie is.

But a colour permanent marker should always be in your bag to help you mark your ball for identification purposes.
:)

·
Registered
800 Posts
Homeless said:
In north america a sharpie is a brand name permanent marker...probably the most widely used and popular. You don't have them in the UK?

Ahh right lol, apologies for stating the obvious in my post above then :)

No as far as I am aware they have not made it across the pond yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like to mark my ball with a red dot above the numbers and my initials on the side of the ball especially in tournaments.

·
Registered
464 Posts
The marker we use in the UK are mainly staples...and i mark my ball with a dot either side of the brand name

·
Registered
800 Posts
Police said:
The marker we use in the UK are mainly staples...and i mark my ball with a dot either side of the brand name

Ditto, exactly the same.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Do any of you use a ball liner?? I mean like to draw a straight line all round your ball to line putts up easier?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Not personally, a few that I play with do.

I find it more likely to make me miss the putts as I continually review my line before hitting the ball, making minor adjustments.

If you line your ball up and at the last minute change your line, you have to mark and re allign your ball.

There has to be something in it though as quite a few people seem to do it.

I rely on the three stripes on the top of my putter to give me a line to target.

·
Registered
175 Posts
fitz-uk said:
Ditto, exactly the same.

Same thing here as well. Good thing the three of us will probably never be in the same foursome :laugh:

As for lining up, I use the text on the logo of the ball to line my putts up... seems to help with the line, and you can always tell if you strike the ball square or not.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Yeah same here i use the ball name to line up my putts and when i tee up i make sure the ball name is facing upwards to me

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I use a red Sharpie and fill in 3 dimples in a straight line right above the logo. I always mark my balls for tournaments, and usually mark them for casual play too.

I don't put a line on my ball, and if using a recycled one that someone else has lined, I rotate the line where I can't see it. IMO, any line that I can put on a ball isn't long enough to do any good at all. I'm a good putter anyway, and the lines just screw me up. I line up to a spot about 2 feet in front of the ball, then hit that spot.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You've probably read it by now, but if you haven't, here is a link to a thread on one brand of ball liner:

sweet-spot-checker

·
Registered
481 Posts
If you line your ball up and at the last minute change your line, you have to mark and re allign your ball.
Exactly why I don't do it. I trust myself to stay true to my line without drawing it on my ball. Plus it looks tacky.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.