177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I or another player smashes a perfect drive, I would say,

"Wow! Nice drive!"

What's your favorite golf saying? :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
"Hockey is a sport for white men, Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps."

-Tiger Woods

I also like it when people yell "YOU DA MAN TIGER!"

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Following a bad drive...

I had a friend who, when hitting an approach he wanted to stop or back up, would yell "HOOVER" at his ball... as in Hoover vacuum, as in stop, suck, whatever... I never got over it and would laugh every time he said it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not sure I have a favorite. One of my most unfavorites is:

"anybody see where that went???!!!". :eek:

Regards,

Kent

·
Registered
26 Posts
OK, here goes:
1: "Quack" when your buddy snap hooks one.
2: "You put a little cutty-sark on that one" when your buddy hits a beautiful power fade.
3: "Some nice chew there" when the ball has that beautiful backspin and sucks back towards the hole.
and, my all time favorite:
4: "Be the right club, today!" in Hal Sutton-southern-Texas drawl when it's going to be stiff. I kid you not, my one and only ace came right after I did my Sutton impression with the ball still in the air - 2 hops and glunk.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think this is Arnold Palmer's, (might be Lee Trevino's - it is on a huge poster in our locker room)

The more I play the luckier I get

us Juveniles at BB now say "look at that Rupe" when the ball hits the green, even if the ball is ribbed and is running through the back

·
Registered
144 Posts
"Cover your important parts"

...HSG 3

·
Registered
76 Posts
A bad day on the golf course is still better than a good day at work.

I might have to put that one in my sig I think...

·
Registered
710 Posts
"OH **** " and it rhymes with truck.

·
Registered
235 Posts
After a nice Drive a great shot or a good putt, I always say Booyaa!! I have for years. That psycho on Big Break ( I forget his name) who yelled it one time, said he coined the term ......NOT! I've been saying it for years and I got it from being a sportfisherman. Anyway, that's my fav saying.

·
Registered
217 Posts
"I think someone crapped in the hole"...
We let a newbie do the new holes on the greens one morning. He was so happy to be able to do this... but someone decided to leave him a gift in the old hole.

Pretty funny.

·
Registered
67 Posts
When you hit a low, long drive that hits and runs: "that'll run like an aboriginal with a dvd under its arm"

Bad shot: "Yeah cool"

Massive perfect drive: "allll day baby, allll day"

And of course. The all time best. "A good scorer beats a good player anyday".

·
Registered
76 Posts
U Grooves said:
When you hit a low, long drive that hits and runs: "that'll run like an aboriginal with a dvd under its arm"

Bad shot: "Yeah cool"

Massive perfect drive: "allll day baby, allll day"

And of course. The all time best. "A good scorer beats a good player anyday".
Definately another Aussie! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Heard from Golf Channel's announcer during the telecast of the Nationwide tournament today in Lakeside, CA.

"Golf is 90% mental. The other 10% is just in your head!"

That's now my new fav. The old one was....

"Swing really hard in case you hit it!"

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Platinum_Shafts said:
After a nice Drive a great shot or a good putt, I always say Booyaa!! I have for years. That psycho on Big Break ( I forget his name) who yelled it one time, said he coined the term ......NOT! I've been saying it for years and I got it from being a sportfisherman. Anyway, that's my fav saying.
My son went to LSU and was captain of the rugby team. The first time I heard Booyah! was at one of their matches, following a long run. Given the sound of Cajun dialect, I just presumed it was local to Louisiana...

·
Registered
313 Posts
65nlovenit said:
"OH **** " and it rhymes with truck.
LOL I was just thinking something like that.

·
Registered
807 Posts
"Stop hitting me, you ***hole!" That's what the ball guy says after I've hit his fancy lawnmower for the twelfth time.. That always gives me a giggle.

Or sometimes I yell "BOOOMM!" after a huge drive.. That's always fun too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
After an opponent (or even my partner, sometimes) hits a bad slice, hook, or something way off target I like to say:

"Nice, the green really opens up from there!" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Powerfade said:
After an opponent (or even my partner, sometimes) hits a bad slice, hook, or something way off target I like to say:

"Nice, the green really opens up from there!" :rolleyes:

Hehehe. LOL.:laugh:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts