Golf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I never properly introduced myself. I live in Kentucky and am a member at the local country club which has a very nice golf course. The par is 71. I usually shoot around 89. I'm on JV on my highschool's golf team. I'm in 10th grade. My nickname is Big Easy. Given to me by my golf coach because i have the same build and swing type as Ernie Els. (Ernie's nickname is Big Easy as well.) Hope to learn some great stuff on this site!

·
Registered
316 Posts
hey thats cool when reading it i was like isnt that ernies nickname lol...
welcome.

·
Registered
316 Posts
thats cool i wanna make varsity this year but 80-85 aint going to make it. maybe more practice ill have time to lower that i havent golfed in a couple weeks but have gone to the driving range a lot so who knows.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yea im going for 5 time at the driving range in 6 days tomorrow

·
Registered
316 Posts
yea the driving range i go to has a short game thing where theirs a chipping yard you can chip like 60 yards in a sand trap where you can hit out of that and a big putting green

it costs 2$ but its worth it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yup if i could learn to putt better i could drop a few strokes its just not comming for me im looking for a new putter that is balanced better but am short on funds right now i have an old clevland putter im looking for something balanced.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah same here man. Let me know when you find one, i would like to know what works out for you and i may try it too. I have defanately improved on my putting a whole lot, but i still need a lot of work.

·
Registered
316 Posts
i think im going to get the odyssey white hot 2 ball putter center shaft it has great feel

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nice......Well let me tell you about practice today. We finally got to play the front 9. Well i started off the first 6 holes pretty good. I was shooting about 5 over. So i was expecting to mabey par out give or take a bogey or 2. Par at the club is 35 for the front 9. Well coming up on 7 (par 5 dog leg left) I teed up my ball. I was thinking about trying to take the dogleg. So i tried. Hit one ball out of bounds. Tryed again, hit another out of bounds. so i was laying 5 on the tee box still. Like the hardhead i am i knew i could take this dogleg because i have done it many times before. So i hit again. I took it and hit it about 310 yards. I was 200 out. So i took my next swing and put it in the woods. Took 2 shots to get out of there, Blahblah blah from there. i ended up with an astounding 12. I came up on 8 and hit one out of bounds. Then finally got on the green and putted. On 9 i got a triple bogey. I ended up with a 59!!!!!!!!!!! I was planning on shooting 40!!!!!! Amazing game golf is!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes it did suck. It's just when i get out there to play with the team I do HORRIBLE!!!!!.....But when i am not with the team i shoot around 5-8 over on 9 holes.

·
Registered
316 Posts
ah its those nerves i shoot around 8-10 over par on 18 so ill prob shoot like 14 over on tryouts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I shot 47 today with the team. That's better than i have been doing....

Does anyone ever have those little cocky kids in your group? I hate that. I have one guy that is so cocky. He thinks he is better than everyone else. It sucks cuz he kinda is but you know what im saying. I hit my ball in the woods the other day and he said to me: "Have fun with that!" I mean there's no need for that crap. I just can't stand it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts