Golf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought she finished a lot stronger today. I wonder if she will break through in the next few weeks?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Michelle played a good solid round karrie just out played her man is michelle a good player with lots of potential i though paula creamer would have finished higher though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good round for Michelle. She could have gotten that Eagle if it hadden't been for that rough drive that set up the sand. But DAMN she got close on that bunker shot. I wish I could do that....

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think she's doing too much too early. within the next few years look for her to either dominate womens golf or fall off the face of the earth ala ty tryon

·
Registered
34 Posts
Agree

jump15vc said:
I think she's doing too much too early. within the next few years look for her to either dominate womens golf or fall off the face of the earth ala ty tryon

Her situation reminds me of high school kids going right to the NBA vs playing NCAA basketball. LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers is arguably the only HS player I can recall to step right up and dominate. Although she hasn't won, she's proved to me she's good enough to be there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
well she fired her caddy who thinks thatll help! hey maybe its just the caddys fault lol! (if you believe this is not sarcasm kill yourself). Shes not gonna win until she plays regularly shes too much of a rookie to be picking and choosing tournaments.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
golfermatt91 said:
Ill be her caddy ill do it cheap too lol
Sure makes me want to be 16 again! I'm 6'7" tall, so Michelle and I could dance cheek to cheek... People still do that, don't they? :confused:

I agree with someone's earlier comment that she needs to play the LPGA tour consistantly instead of jumping around and picking her spots.

·
Registered
464 Posts
For her age michelle is a good player many people expect too much of her when she has officially finished her studies she will pay 100% of her attention on her golf and then she may challenge the LPGA and the number 1 lady Anika Sorenstam

·
Registered
648 Posts
Police said:
For her age michelle is a good player many people expect too much of her when she has officially finished her studies she will pay 100% of her attention on her golf and then she may challenge the LPGA and the number 1 lady Anika Sorenstam
People expect too much from her simply because of all the HYPE about her when she turned PRO. The 300+ yard drives (which did not materialize on US or European soil)
Her great game. Meanwhile she had won one JR Publinks event. :rolleyes:
How she would dominate the LPGA in no time flat. That did not happen.
By time she gets around to attempting to chase down Annika, Annika might well be retired!
Her "ADVISORS" and her Father need to keep her off any MEN'S Tour Events in the future. The last two she played in she embarrassed herself and the tours. Plus dump Leadbetter as her swing coach. Rather obvious he does not work on her putting stroke!1
Playing rounds of golf like that will not help her gain any confidence. She needs to stick to the LPGA where she can at least compete.
Like any other young "SUPERSTAR" she is going to have to produce soon or she'll get swept to the side.
Does the name Ty Tryon ring a bell? ;)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Golfbum said:
Does the name Ty Tryon ring a bell? ;)
Indeed it does i have only seen him in one event the only other times i have heard of him or seen him are on the Tiger Woods PGA tour games he has a good swing but is a bit crap

·
Registered
464 Posts
I think he hasnt even won on tour...i dont know how he manages to stay on the games whereas Phil Mickleson has never been on :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I saw where on her 17th birthday the other day she made the obligatory comment about how much she learned playing the tour this year. I wonder which tour she was talking about? :confused:

·
Registered
800 Posts
A good marketing team will have her as one of the top earners in golf, even without success.

Just look what marketing has done for Anna Kournikova.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Do you think she will appear in a tiger woods game in the future?

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fitz is right. These days, you don't have to win so much as you have to smile, provided you have the looks to make the smile marketable.

As for Police's question, I wonder if Tiger and Michelle would team up in one of those mixed twosome events? If they did, I wonder if the spectators would follow anyone else... maybe Natalie Gulbis and Phil Mickelson... I dunno... How about me and Roseanne Barr?

·
Registered
464 Posts
It would be good to see Tiger and Michelle VS Phil and Sorenstam :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Police said:
It would be good to see Tiger and Michelle VS Phil and Sorenstam :thumbsup:
Nah... I'd rather follow Roseanne Barr. It might make me feel good about my own game!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts