Golf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its Tough to play golf in the snow so who is playing and who is waiting for the thaw sign in:
Broken Tee Snowed out...Ya rub it in you guys in the Southern Hemisphere and Miami.:D

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
No snow here at the moment. I could play tomorrow, but with the high winds forecast, I'll probably wait until Wednesday. :D

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No snow here at the moment. I could play tomorrow, but with the high winds forecast, I'll probably wait until Wednesday. :D
We got hammered ... me thinks your snow blew into Kansas and the temps here are just now hitting the low 40s.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
We got hammered ... me thinks your snow blew into Kansas and the temps here are just now hitting the low 40s.
It was 67° a little while ago. But the wind had been howling out of the southwest (I've heard reports of up to 60 mph gusts), and now it's turned around to the northeast, and that means that the cold air is right behind it. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 40's... but if there's no wind I'll probably play. :)

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was 67° a little while ago. But the wind had been howling out of the southwest (I've heard reports of up to 60 mph gusts), and now it's turned around to the northeast, and that means that the cold air is right behind it. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 40's... but if there's no wind I'll probably play. :)
Shoot well :thumbsup:

·
Registered
502 Posts
It was 65 F on Saturday and we played, even though the winds were 20-30 MPH, however that was short lived. Back to the 20's and 30's :(

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I played today... beautiful day... bad golf. But it can't be too bad playing in Colorado on December 31. :headbang:

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya I'm waiting for spring also :dunno: My season ended about mid November. We should be playing again in mid March. It's alreadt been a record setting winter here in the Okanagan Valley, British Columbia.
Marty: I can just imagine what your snow fall has been if we use Spokane as a reference. You guys got hammered. Snow is ok if it stays in the Moutains. Happy New Year to you.:)

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I played today... beautiful day... bad golf. But it can't be too bad playing in Colorado on December 31. :headbang:
Rick You really know how torture me! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Rick You really know how torture me! :thumbsup:
He he.... I could be playing today if my wife didn't have me taking down Christmas decorations.:dunno:

·
Registered
91 Posts
YA YA YA I just came into the house after plowing my driveway with my quad :headbang:, and This afternoon I'll have to do it again. :dunno:. It is awesome here in the summertime (Okanagan Valley). This is by far the snowiest winter we have had here since we moved in 2004.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He he.... I could be playing today if my wife didn't have me taking down Christmas decorations.:dunno:
OH! WHERE IS MY VIOLIN!:cheeky4:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
OH! WHERE IS MY VIOLIN!:cheeky4:
I did go out this afternoon and played 9 holes... I'm planning on getting in 18 tomorrow. :cool:

But we're supposed have snow showers on Saturday.... bummer.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did go out this afternoon and played 9 holes... I'm planning on getting in 18 tomorrow. :cool:

But we're supposed have snow showers on Saturday.... bummer.
Well.I'm trying to keep my dig-nay-tee. I hope your playing well or having a good time...you dirty %^$#*&^:D

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I actually got called in to work today (in the starter booth). We were packed solid from 8:30 til 2:30. I worked until 1:45, then played 9 holes with the head pro and his dad. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I actually got called in to work today (in the starter booth). We were packed solid from 8:30 til 2:30. I worked until 1:45, then played 9 holes with the head pro and his dad. :cool:

Good on you :thumbsup:, Snow is predicted here, but so far alot of wind, they predict 1 or 2 inches it looks like its headed your way. Just give it 10 minutes it should change:rolleyes:Its raining now...so the snow cometh

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Guys, I feel for you. I grew up in Kentucky, obviously not the coldest place on earth, where it could be freezing one day and 60 the next, in the middle of winter.

I remember one time playing golf on new year's day in 50 degree weather and losing a ball somewhere in a patch of unmelted snow. We were so thrilled to be on the course... thought we were the luckiest kids in the world.

Here in Miami, we're having our version of a cold snap, the low 60's and tomorrow, it's supposed to get warmer. It's killing me that I can't play because of my physical problems right now. I'm missing the best weather of the year.

Anyway, if you get to Miami, your rooms are ready!

·
Registered
502 Posts
get better soon Dennis, there will be plenty of nice days for you

1 - 20 of 101 Posts