Golf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think will be in the 2006 class for the World Golf Hall of Fame?

I have no clue -- anything I say would be a guess. The good thing about this Hall of Fame is that you don't necessarily have to be a pro golfer to get in - even Bob Hope is an inductee and Bing Crosby. I kind of like that people who contribute to the sport in a significant way other than being the best at the game have a chance to be honored too.

Does anyone think it should be strictly limited just to golfers? And how about this year's crop? Who is going to make it?

·
Registered
160 Posts
you know, every time I think I've got a good guess it ends up being SO wrong that it's embarassing.. but I do agree about old Bob and Bing - they did so much for the sport just by being seen playing that they deserve to be there!

·
Registered
42 Posts
you're a little late

they voted in april.

from an an article April 27th in the washington post

They announced the World Golf Hall of Fame Class of 2006 two weeks ago, and if you missed it, you're probably not alone.

Larry Nelson, a Vietnam veteran and three-time major champion, was the only player selected off the PGA Tour in his 11th year on the ballot, receiving 65 percent of the vote, the minimum for selection. The late Henry Picard, a two-time major winner with 26 total tour victories in the 1930s and '40s, was chosen through the veteran's category.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts