Golf Forum banner

121 - 140 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
i got into golf accidentally... well sort of. the first time i set my foot in a golf course was when my boss asked me to accompany his visiting client to play golf since he'll be running late to the golf course. i felt stupid that time ...
anyways,,, so the story went on.. after that day, my boss would always ask me to come and play with him. I didn't know exactly if the reason he asked me come with him is to show how good he is and how painfully i try to play like him....
from then on.. i get to play golf... do i love doing it?... i liked it a lot now and i think i'm a better golfer than my boss now :D

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
I wounldn't take his comments as an insult, you don't want to end up pushing a broom at minimum wage do you? Play his head game and kick his ass on the golf course. Like the forum we sometimes neeedle one another but its all in fun and that is what golf should be FUN. just my $.02

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
I play golf because I seem to have some subjective desire to get caught in thunder, lightning and rain. :dunno:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Its the challenge that draws me to the game. You hit that "perfect shot" and you want to hit it every time. You are kind of chasing it in a way. I will always love the challenge that the game brings but I will always hate it too. Golf is a love/hate kind of game.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wounldn't take his comments as an insult, you don't want to end up pushing a broom at minimum wage do you? Play his head game and kick his ass on the golf course. Like the forum we sometimes neeedle one another but its all in fun and that is what golf should be FUN. just my $.02
Thanks for the push broken tee. You are absolutely right. The fact that I'm learning golf and I am able to play this "luxurious" sport for free is a big privilege for me. Now I look at it as a big opportunity to be good in this sport. Not everyone gets to play golf for free!
I am actually loving the game more now... especially when I am able to make a perfect shot (that's according to my boss). Nevermind his bullying comments - I kept in mind it's part of his ego. Just keep on playing, enjoy and take advantage learning and playing at the same time :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Really great post man!

Awesome, I believe a whole lot of people playing golf shares your thinking when it comes to this!

Tim

·
Registered
16 Posts
Love the original post! I play because it is a constant challenge, but also for many of the reasons stated here already too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love to play golf. It is not only a sport, it is a strategic game which needs to combine your brain, body, and strength to complete the game.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think sometimes it takes just one good shot in a round to make you want to play again. It could be the worst round of your life, but that one shot keeps you craving more!
Yes, I would have to agree with that. That one immaculate drive; that golden pitch near the pin; that long putt to make par or better. I’m a new but older golfer, and I’m not sure why the heck I am putting the time and money into trying to be competent in this game for. But; ever since that annoying thought of a golf ball sailing onto a pristine green somehow got lodged into my brain, I haven’t been able to think of anything else. God Help Me!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
golfsport

Hi,
Golf for me is a great non-impact exercise. A big yard or around 4 miles which is a good walk. It’s not advisable that golf is the only exercise you partake in as you’ll certainly need some anaerobic exercise such as running or swimming to get your heart rate up. But the good thing is that as you play more golf and you want to improve you’ll start taking your exercise away from the course more seriously. Golf can relax your body physically, mentally and emotionally.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
why do i play golf golf

I want to share it with you ! From what I can tell there's a difference in the loft of all these clubs. They almost feel like a blade and on your downswing you can see the blade attacking the ball. The other thing I noticed about these clubs is you can feel their weight. They feel extremely smooth when hit correctly and when you miss the sweets pot...well...you're going to feel it. However, try not to see that as a bad thing. The feedback these clubs give from miss-hits is extremely helpful !
I bought the steel shafted version online for under $500.
Share Reason :1.cheap.
2.quality.(when it touched with the price)
3.free shipping.(i found it is the only one store with free shipping global)
4.Discount coupon.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
I got my wife into golf...then just talked my son into it. Its a great sport to spend time with the family....always a laugh
I'm always envious when I see families enjoy playing golf together. My wife was taking lessons when she got pregnant with our first child. She never went back to the game once parenthood interrupted our lives. She has so many other interests now, I know she will never take up golf again.

121 - 140 of 180 Posts