Golf Forum banner

161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Golf Vacation Packages

Very inspiring post. You made me realized how good the sport really is. Before I thought the game is for luxurious purposes only,but made me think now how this game could change you as a person. GOOD JOB!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Although this thread is over 6 years old, it's still very cool. Nice job to the OP, if he's still around.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I play because I am addicted to every aspect of this amazing game. It truly is a beautiful gift to play a round of golf.;-)

·
Registered
4 Posts
You play golf...

First of all thanks for your post.I also love to play golf.I play golf because with the help of golf we are the witness the perfect amalgam of well-maintained water bodies and green field.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The reason why I play Golf are many but few are:
1. The slow pace of the game which is relaxing for me atleast because I like to go the things a bit slow
2.The strategy of choosing the proper club and proper swing, measuring the distance, minimizing strokes and being mindful of weather conditions makes golf a sport that requires a keen mental game.
3. The time to play a full round of golf requires 18 holes, which makes for at least a four hour game. This makes for plenty of time to enjoy the company of you golf partner.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Welcome to the forum Stephan...

I like your reasons. Some might be leery of hearing a player likes the slow pace, but I understand. The thought processes to play our best are generally slower than the pace of life at work, so golf is a really great escape from the daily grind.

You bring up a good point when you mention 4 hours with friends on the course. As hot as it is here in Miami during the summer, I find myself playing 9 more frequently and 18 less frequently. I'll be 66 in a couple weeks and the intense heat sometimes turns an 18 hole round from fun into torture. The simple fact golf is structured in two 9 hole games makes it an effective release even though I might not spend 4 hours on the course.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I first started caddieing I had some interest in golf, but with each loop I wanted more and more to begin to play the game. I have since taken advantage of the opportunity to golf on weekday afternoons and hope to play more as I get more opportunities to.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
I so addicted that I even need to watch golf even during commutes.
LOL - I have to admit, that's sort of a new one. I've heard stories about Japanese trains broadcasting PGA tournaments on tv sets built into the cars so riders could watch the Masters. I don't know if they do it for more tournaments.

And welcome to the forum...

·
Registered
217 Posts
I Have only played twice this year and that is really sad... I love to play as it is great to be out in the fresh air on a Sat morning with my buddies trash talking each other, making small bets on this shot and that shot, joking about this and that and not even thinking about that four letter word (work).

Looking forward to the middle of the summer when I get to play with my son. He loves the game and we have a blast playing together.
Good quality time together.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Early Start

Myfather introduced me to the game when I was 7 years old and I loved it right from the start. Caddied and played a lot as a youngster, so it quickly became a part of my life. Have been playing for 68 years now and hope for many more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good balance in the golf swing is so important to hitting the ball consistently well.
Recently I was reading about an oldie but a goodie drill for improving your balance.
The drill is to simply hit balls with your feet together.
Research has found that when golfers do this they lose about 10% of their potential distance. So it’s not a big loss in distance.
But I want you to take this balance drill to the next level. To do this I want you to hit balls with your feet together to start with. Then once you’re used to doing that, add in holding your finish for 15 seconds.
You may need to build up to doing that, but it’s a good goal to have. Because in my experience, when you watch a golfer who hits it consistently straight they all finish in perfect balance and can hold their finish for a long time.
So if you want straighter, more consistent shots, hitting shots with your feet together and then holding your finish is a great way to practice consistently.
click link to learn how

161 - 180 of 180 Posts