Golf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think you'll be the only one to watch it...

btw, I'm thinking it will be Brazil, England, or Holland for the win...

·
Registered
800 Posts
Homeless said:
I think you'll be the only one to watch it...

btw, I'm thinking it will be Brazil, England, or Holland for the win...
England grinds to a halt to watch their matches :)

Personally I dont think England will do that well without Rooney.

Pretty sure you will see France up there close for the win

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
France , Italy, Brazil, England. Should be decent matches. Without Rooney does put a major hit in England. I hate living in the us though our team sucks :(.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Carolina said:
I hate living in the us though our team sucks :(.

I shouldnt have thought it would stay that way for long. With your sports set up out there, the scholourships, and funding there is out there and how well thought of it is - there will be a great team soon.

Thats the problem with the UK, there arnt really that many centres of excellence to bring the talent on in any of the sports played here.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actully we are not terrible, this is the best U.S. team we have had in a long time. Two more days everyone get pumped :p

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes we are right now lol :), but england always gets under ranked. We got beat by moroco so this could be an interesting year for us.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I'm glad its not a one nation domination any more like it used to be with the Brazil of old.

Roll on Friday :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont know brazil is still the power house and favorite, btw start the 24 hour countdown till the game, the first game is at 12 o' clock est. time in the us, on Espn 2, Germany vs. Costa Rica, watch or .... miss out on a good game :p

·
Registered
37 Posts
Brazil for the cup

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We all know brazil is going to win, but you have to choose someone else besides brazil or its no fun :D

·
Registered
800 Posts
happy hacker said:
COME ON ENGLAND :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Yup, its time to get patriotic. Doesnt happen much here - unless there is beer and football on offer :)

·
Registered
800 Posts
Well I for one was pretty dissappointed with the England match. First half was as it should have been, second half was a complete discrace for a team with so many great players.

Ok so the ref was a little bit on the 'special' side, but no excuse for such a poor performance.

Lets hope things improve for England :)

·
Registered
800 Posts
Well now there are only two left, I for one hope the french win - be a nice way for Zidane to say goodbye once and for all.

Watching most of the matches, I think it would be safe to say that for whatever reason no team has shone, they all underachieved and didnt live up to their expectations.

·
Registered
103 Posts
fitz-uk said:
Watching most of the matches, I think it would be safe to say that for whatever reason no team has shone, they all underachieved and didnt live up to their expectations.
Italy played very well I would say. Not conceding a goal in the tournament (other than that own goal) I wouldn't say is underachieving...

·
Registered
800 Posts
Well its all over for another 4 years, I would have prefered the French to win but it just wasnt on the cards after Zidane's moment of madness.

Still find it amusing to know that he got voted player of the tournament (as it was decided at the end of the first half).

More team work needed by England.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have not really gotten into watching soccer i will play it but cant stand watching it on tv.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Need to try and catch some premiership games this season.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts